- "Ladies and gentlemen, we're... out of order!"
Gene: Pint-Sized Party Planner
"Gene is the blocky, pint-sized leader of the Nicelanders—the window-filling victims of Ralph's destruction in the game Fix-It Felix Jr. Like his fellow apartment residents in peril, Gene worships Felix and despises Ralph. In his spare time, Gene plans cocktail parties, but is always sure to leave Ralph off the guest list: To Gene, Ralph's just a bad guy and that's all he'll ever be."
- Size - 2%
- Party Planning - 90%
- Friendliness - 45%
- Felix Fan - 100%
Gene is a short, stout mustached man with fair skin and short black hair. He typically wears an indigo cardigan over a white suit, but wore a formal white outfit at the 30th anniversary party. Like other Nicelanders, he is characterized by his chubby, square-shaped form and proportions.
Gene is antagonistic, aggressive, pushy, and outspoken. He carries a heavy grudge against Ralph, and consistently antagonizes him and excludes him from activities, including the 30th anniversary for Fix It Felix Jr. Despite his pompous attitude and issues owning up to his mistakes, Gene is a self-proclaimed man of his word; he allows Ralph into the penthouse when he returns with a medal. At the end of the film, it is seen that he and Ralph have made ammends, and in the tie-in comic 'Wrecking Party', the two are evidently friends.
Additionally, in about every scene Gene is in, he is shown to be holding a cocktail glass which could imply that he is a frequent drinker.
- "Now you're just being ridiculous; only good guys win medals, and you sir, are no good guy!"
- "Ladies and Gentlmen, we're..out of order!"
- "If you won a medal, we'll let you live up here in the penthouse. But it will never happen, because you're just the bad guy who wrecks the building."
- "Never let it be said that I am not a man of my word."
- "Yes, you are."
- "Well, now you can live alone in the penthouse."
- Gene is the mayor of the Nicelanders.
- Mayor Gene is played by Raymond S. Persi, who also did the voice of Cyril the Zombie.
- It is heavily implied that Gene is a carouser.
- He and the ringmaster from Dumbo share many physical similarities.
- Gene is one of the guests at Felix and Sergeant Calhoun's wedding, and is sitting in the front pew.
- Gene was thought to be the movie's main antagonist, but it turns out to be Turbo.
For images of Gene, click here.
Secondary Characters: Sour Bill | Mr. Litwak | Cy-Bugs | Tapper | Gene | Wynnchel and Duncan | Taffyta Muttonfudge | Candlehead | Rancis Fluggerbutter | Moppet Girl | Q*bert | Markowski | Dr. Brad Scott |