- Bolt from the movie Bolt (on a "lost dog" flyer in Pac-Man).
- Two little princesses ressembling Aurora (in her blue dress) and Belle from Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast, respectively.
- Amy Rose from Sonic the Hedgehog (On Sonic Championship arcade cabinet).
- Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic the Hedgehog (On Sonic Championship arcade cabinet).
- Espio the Chameleon from Sonic the Hedgehog (On Sonic Championship arcade cabinet).
- Bean the Dynamite Duck from Sonic the Hedgehog (On Sonic Championship arcade cabinet).
- Bark the Polar Bear from Sonic the Hedgehog (On Sonic Championship arcade cabinet).
- Nack the Weasel (a.k.a. Fang the Sniper) from Sonic the Hedgehog (On Sonic Championship arcade cabinet).
- Ms. Pac-Man from Ms. Pac-Man (in a photo with Pac-Man seen at Tappers).
Midway (Netherrealm Studios)/Warner Bros.
- Cowboys from Root Beer Tapper.
- Charley Chuck from Food Fight (On Food Fight arcade cabinet).
- Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (On TMNT arcade cabinet).
- King Candy enters the infamous Thirty Lives Code to get into a secret vault.
- Lara Croft from Tomb Raider (Mentioned by Ralph).
- Graffiti in game central station stating that "Aerith lives"(in reference to "Final Fantasy 7")
There are several characters designed for the film that resemble actual video game characters, but are unconfirmed and have their own original designs and appearance. In most cases, it is unknown whether the similarities were intended or if they are meant to be shout-outs to multiple game characters and genres.
- Basketball players from Double Dribble
- GLaDOS from Portal (Mentioned only) (Incorrectly pronnounced as "Gladys")
(Note: The GLaDOS reference has been debated, but Valve has ackowledged and confirmed the reference.)
Various characters were originally planned to appear in the film, as evidenced in early screenshots and concept art, but were ultimately left out of the final cut for unknown reasons.
False rumored cameos
These are characters that people believe to have seen in the movie while not actually being there. Most of these can even be found in many lists of cameos around the web.
- Maximus from Tangled: a white horse in Game Central Station was rumored to be Maximus, but it's actually a generic white horse with no similarity to him other than its color. Oddly, in "The Gamers Guide", a special feature in the Blu Ray version of the movie, showing some of the hidden easter eggs, also highlights the horse.
- Sora from Kingdom Hearts: one of the sprites in the gameplay scene of Tapper was believed by many to belong to Sora. It was actually proven to just be one of the many generic cowboys in the game, only with matching colors to Sora.
- Moogle from the Final Fantasy series: In one of the first renders of Game Central Station, some white and red shapes were believed to be Moogles with their pom-poms. The same image viewed in higher definition shows those shapes to actually be the shirts and pants of generic sport games characters.
- It was believed that Deku Link from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask made a cameo, but a closer look shows that it is actually Bentley Bear from Crystal Castles.