- "I'll bet that's Mario. Fashionably late, per the norm."
Mario is the protagonist of the Super Mario games, along with a few Donkey Kong games. He has also done a brief stint as the villain and main antagonist of the game, Donkey Kong Jr. He is also the mascot for Nintendo in general, and has appeared in some shape or form for over 30 years on games for all of the Nintendo consoles. Although he does not appear in the movie, he is mentioned by Fix-It Felix, Jr. at his 30th anniversary party, and is scheduled to appear in the sequel. His biggest enemy Bowser does appear in the movie.
- Mario and his brother Luigi do not appear in the movie because the writers genuinely couldn't think of a suitable way to incorporate them.
- John C. Reilly joked that the Mario Bros. do not appear because Nintendo stated a high fee to legally add them to the movie.
- Mario is scheduled to appear in the upcoming sequel, Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2.
- It is currently unknown whether his brother Luigi will appear in the sequel.
- According to IMDB, his video game voice actor, Charles Martinet, will reprise the role.
- Mario is possibly the inspiration for the character Fix-It Felix, Jr. As can be observed from their designs, they both wear caps with the first letter of their names on it, have short hair, wear brown boots, and have a big round nose.
|Interview after first movie||Interview at D23 2015|
- ↑ https://www.wired.com/2012/10/interview-with-rich-moore-and-clark-spencer-the-director-and-producer-of-wreck-it-ralph/
Disney: Tiny the T-Rex | Vladimir from Tangled | Mickey Mouse