The Random Roster Race is a race that the all Sugar Rush racers have every night after the arcade closes. Because Sugar Rush has a "New Racers Daily" feature, when the arcade closes, all the Sugar Rush Racers race to determine who will be in the roster the next day.
The first nine racers to cross the finish line will be the ones who appear on the roster for the next day. All the Sugar Rush Racers must pay a price of one gold coin to be allowed to participate in the race.
The race seems to be across all the Sugar Rush racetracks. There are tricks such as gumballs, and it is somewhat hard to avoid being hit by them. To avoid being hit by the gumballs, the racers have to swerve left to right to avoid being hit. One of the racers, Swizzle Malarkey gets hit by a gumball and goes backwards.
Known tracks/areas in the film
Names in this section are named by fans or extrapolated from other media such as books, tie-in games, video games in general, or the screenplay.
- Gumball Gorge (the area with gumball machines in the Roster Race)
- Cakeway (the layer cake in the Roster Race)
- Frosty Rally (the ice cream area in the Roster Race)
- Pages from the art book reveal that this area may have initially been named Soft Serve Speedway
- Rainbow Road (Nougat Mines according to descriptive video and screenplay)
Status of the racers
Hit by a gumball
Hit by an Ice Cream Cannon
Hit by Sweet Seekers
Fell into a giant cupcake
Kart crashed because of Cy-Bugs
Interrupted by Cy-Bugs
- Vanellope von Schweetz