Tapper's is one of the arcade games in Wreck-It Ralph. It is a bar that serves root beer to other characters in the arcade, and it is tended to by the bartender, Tapper. Ralph frequently visits the tavern to drown out his sorrows, hang out, get advice and he appears to be close friends with Tapper. It is here that he eventually meets Markowski, who is supposedly tipsy on root beer (as a reference to actual beer), and begins his game-jumping adventures.
Tapper, as well as Root Beer Tapper, are real games released by Bally Midway in 1983.
Background in Litwak's Arcade
As shown in the movie, when the arcade is closed, many characters like to go to Tapper's to have a drink, or like Ralph, to just hang out. Tapper is always happy to mingle and serve the patrons their orders.
- Many characters appear to use Tapper's as their hangout spot, and several cameo characters are seen in or reference the bar: Ryu and Ken Masters mention it in the "Closing Time" scene, and Sonic the Hedgehog makes a brief appearance there as well.
- The walls in the hallway also feature illustrated caricatures of the many video game characters from the arcade (similar to the caricatures at Sardi's) including Fix-It Felix Jr. from Fix-It Felix Jr., Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, and Doctor Eggman from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, the Centurion's werewolf form and Neff's rhinoceros-man form from Altered Beast, Ken Masters, Ryu, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Zangief, Guile, Dhalsim, Balrog, Blanka, Sagat, and E. Honda from Street Fighter, 1011001, Saitine, an unidentified Shinobi (who resembles Smoke), an unidentified Sorceress (who resembles Mishaela from Shining Force), Q*bert, Slick, and Sam from Q*bert, Frogger, one of the aliens from Space Invaders, Peter Pepper, Mr. Egg, Mr. Hotdog, and Mr. Pickle from BurgerTime, and the film's director Rich Moore.
- Felix implies that Ralph spends a large amount of his time at Tapper's, and mentions Ralph passing out in Tapper's washroom. (again)
- Tapper's is right next to Sugar Rush (as seen when King Candy clears the roster list for the New Racer's Daily feature). On the console's view, it is also seen next to "Undead Apocalypse 3."
- King Candy possibly visits Tapper's frequently as well, as seen when he enters the Konami Code, which is written on the back of a Tapper's napkin.
Minor Games: Altered Beast | Battlezone | Space Invaders | BurgerTime | Dance Central 3 | Dance Dance Revolution | Dig Dug | Dragon’s Lair | Daytona USA | Frogger | Pac-Man | Paperboy | Pitfall! | Sonic the Fighters | Star Wars (1983) | Tapper's | Whac-a-Mole | House of Dead | Vs. Sper Mario Bros | Sonic the Hedgehog 2